According to Wikipedia, massage is to work on the body with pressure using hands, feet, other body parts and devices to ease pain and stress. Massage has been said to be a form of therapy with many types. Some of the common types include deep tissue massage, therapeutic massage, sports massage and several others. However, one ancient but yet new massage therapy is the Thai massage. Thai massage also known as Thai Yoga massage is an ancient healing system combining acupressure, Indian Ayurvedic principles, and assisted yoga postures. Unlike other forms of massage, Thai massage does not include the use of oil and rather than rubbing on muscles, the body is compressed, pulled, stretched and rocked.
The London massage scene is growing and with its growth has come the Thai London massage. Here are ten things to know about the Thai London Massage:
● The Thai massage is relatively new to modern London spas. Despite the fact that the art is ancient (developed by Buddhist monks in Thailand over 2,500 years ago), it is new to modern day spas. Despite its newcomer status, it is rapidly becoming popular and widespread. Compared to about a decade ago, there are now over hundreds of spots to get a Thai London massage.
● Another thing to take note of is that unlike other massage forms or types, the use of oil in Thai London massage is not needed. The use of oil is almost if not a tradition in massage sessions. However, the uniqueness of the Thai massage makes the use of oil almost if not totally unnecessary. Instead of oil, it uses passive stretching and gentle pressure along the body’s energy lines to increase flexibility, relieve muscle and joint tension and balance the body’s energy systems.
● The Thai massage or Thai London massage is done most times fully clothed. Unlike other forms of massage that require full nudity or less clothings, the Thai London massage can actually be done fully clothed.
● There are two common Thai massage therapies in London spas. Yes, two and they are: a full body massage and a Thai massage focused on back neck and shoulder specifically.
● Just as other massage forms are taught in massage schools, there are also Thai massage courses and schools in London. A popular example is The London School of Thai Massage.
● Thai massages are now very common and popular in London. So popular as the art become that a website is now dedicated to it. (Check http://thailondontherapy.com).
● Despite its perks and many unique properties, it is not usually advisable for first-time spa-goers. Why? Unlike other massage forms, there is going to be a lot of physical contact. The therapists are crouched over you most times and they might use the weight of their body to move your body into various positions to achieve passive stretching.
● The Thai Massage Central, London is rated number 1 in the city and they are open seven days a week from 11am - 10pm. Asides this, there are other several Thai London massage spots. Some of them include Thai Retreat Spa in Chaswick, Thai Spa & Massage on Baker Street, Thai London Therapy at Battersea, Flower Thai Massage and Beauty Spa at Highgate and several others.
● The price differs in location, time and type of Thai massage. While the prices can be as low as £28 for a 30-minute Express Thai massage, it can also be as high as £95 for a 1-hour Thai Couples massage.
● In conclusion, the Thai London massage is not only unique but also has several health benefits. Mental relaxation, pain relief, proper blood circulation, and new balance of Cortisol and Serotonin are some of the numerous things to benefit from a proper Thai London massage.